The directorate is exclusively working on the affairs of persons with disabilities, which aims to ensure persons with disabilities
- To have an equal opportunity and to increase the participation and benefit of PWDs in socio-economic and political activities at all level.
- Formulating policies and propose legislations concerning the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities (PWDs);
- Lead in the implementation of programs and services concerning PWDs; and Steer the course of program development for persons with disabilities and delivery of services to the sector.
- Building the capacity of National UNCRPD committee, DPOs and all other concerned organs and mobilizing resources, community awareness-raising and mobilization,
- Strengthening rehabilitation services and conducting preliminary research and data management of PWDs in the country.