Social Protection Coordination and Supervision Directorate
The Social protection coordination and promotion directorate carried out the following major activities:
- Undertakes in-depth research and studies so as to produce policy and legal frameworks which helps establish social protection system
- Conducts different awareness creation and advocacy projects in relation to various socio-economically vulnerable sections of societies to enable them to prevent and withstand such problems
- Implements national social protection policy by establishing and strengthening social protection council, social protection fund and community care a coalition that promotes social protection system
- Conducts capacity building works for those parties that are engaged in provision of social protection services for the poor and vulnerable societies
- Establish corporate social responsibility system that promotes private sectors to play their fair share
- Establish integrated and organized information system to enable poor and vulnerable citizens access social protection services in various sectors
Disability Affairs Directorate
The directorate is exclusively working on the affairs of persons with disabilities, which aims to ensure persons with disabilities to have an equal opportunity and to increase the participation and benefit of PWDs in socio-economic and political activities at all level. And its mandates are formulating policies and propose legislations concerning the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities (PWDs); Lead in the implementation of programs and services concerning PWDs; and Steer the course of program development for persons with disabilities and delivery of services to the sector. In addition to these, the directorate also works on building the capacity of National UNCRPD committee, DPOs and all other concerned organs and mobilizing resources, community awareness-raising and mobilization, strengthening rehabilitation services and conducting preliminary research and data management of PWDs in the country.
Elders Affairs Coordination and Supervision Directorate
The Elders Affairs Coordination and Supervision Directorate carried out the following major activities:
- The directorate carried out problem solving study and research works as input in the areas of elderly, for policy formulation and program design to make the work effective.
- The directorate perform advocacy works with regard to elderly people social and economic problems so as to get attention from the government, non-governmental organizations, private sector and the society as a whole.
- The directorate also work on strengthening the capacity and establishing the data base management system in order to improve the services delivered to the elderly people;
- The directorate strongly works to promote the social and economic participation of the elders in order to benefit them with the right psychological and social services and create access to the basic services;
- The directorate also intensely works to strength the coordination and cooperation system in order to improve the benefits of the elderly people.